Class, Collective, and Representative Action Litigation
Wage and Hour Litigation
Restrictive Covenants and Trade Secrets
University of Southern California Gould School of Law
- J.D. 2018, with honors
- Hale Moot Court Honors Program
University of Tennessee
B.S. Business Administration 2015
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority (President)
Alpa Kappa Psi Professional Business Fraternity (Judicial Review Board)
State Bar of California
State Bar of Georgia
U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Georgia, and the Central, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
- Georgia Supreme Court and Court of Appeals
California Supreme Court and Courts of Appeal
Adria K. Harris
Adria’s practice focuses on advising and defending employers in nearly all aspects of labor and employment law. A significant portion of her practice focuses on:
- Defending businesses against lawsuits alleging employment discrimination, as well as complex class, collective, and representative action lawsuits.
- Advising clients on wage-and-hour practices, executive compensation, harassment and discrimination laws, and health and safety protocols.
- Conducting internal investigations into alleged employee misconduct.
While attending the University of Southern California Gould School of Law, Adria was a Saks Institute Scholar, a member of the Hale Moot Court Honors Program, and a recipient of numerous honors and awards. She earned several American Jurisprudence Awards for outstanding scholastic achievement and was honored with the prestigious Edward and Eleanor Shattuck Award, which recognizes top graduating law students who have demonstrated the greatest potential for becoming outstanding members of the bar and have made significant contributions to the legal community.
Adria is a member of the Langston Bar Association and serves on the Young Lawyers Committee of the Black Women Lawyers Association. She is frequently invited to speak at legal workshops, seminars, and panels.
Adria has also undertaken a significant amount of pro bono legal work, earning several pro bono awards throughout her career.
- Secured early dismissal of Big Five employer in representative lawsuit alleging various violations of the California Labor Code.
- Obtained summary judgment pre-certification in class action lawsuit involving allegations that country club employees were not receiving minimum wage, overtime pay, meal breaks, and rest periods.
- Successfully moved to compel arbitration in several lawsuits brought by former employees alleging discrimination, including claims brought against global coffee chain.
- Obtained defense verdict at trial for claims of discrimination brought against Fortune 50 healthcare company.
- Successfully negotiated for early dismissal of casino from lawsuit alleging violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Represented Fortune 500 asset management company in ERISA investigation conducted by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Represented Big Five employer and various government contractors in investigations initiated by state and federal government agencies into employment practices.
- Defended global telecommunications company in lawsuit alleging violations of ERISA.
- Conducted internal investigation into claims of disability discrimination lodged by employees of global pharmaceutical company.
- Conducted internal investigation into claims of age and sex discrimination lodged by employees of global technology company.
- Developed and implemented company-wide cultural training program for Fortune 500 entertainment company.
- Regularly facilitates pre-litigation settlement of disputes brought by executive- and director-level employees.
- Routinely advises companies regarding employment policies and personnel decisions, including employee handbooks, social media policies, non-competition agreements, discipline and termination decisions, and employee classification issues.
- Langston Bar Association
- Black Women Lawyers Association – Young Black Lawyers Committee
- National Employment Law Council – Fellow
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules That Title VII’s Protections Extend to LGBTQ Employees, National Law Review, Volume X, No. 168, June 2020
- Ford v. Account Control Technology, Inc., No. 1:19-CV-203 AWI-JLT, 2019 WL 13195403 (E.D. Cal. May 2, 2019) (granting motion to compel arbitration)
- Lam v. Hawaiian Gardens Casino, No. CV193989DMGMRWX, 2020 WL 806655 (C.D. Cal. Jan. 8, 2020) (granting motion to dismiss in fraud lawsuit filed against casino)
- National Black Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 (2019–2023)
- Bob Williams Award (2021)
- Pro Bono Service Awards (2019–2022)
- Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Deal of the Year (2022)