- Consumer Class Action Defense
- TCPA Litigation and Compliance
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law
Georgia State University College of Law
- J.D. 2019, magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Georgia State University Law Review, Executive Board Member, Articles Editor
- Graduate Research Assistant
- Bleckley Inn of Court Pupil
- B.A. Theatre 2012,
summa cum laude
- Presidential Scholar
- State Bar of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Supreme Court and Court of Appeals
Abigail Howd is a member of KCO’s complex commercial litigation and consumer class action defense team. Abby has experience defending corporate clients in all stages of litigation, from case assessment through trial and appeals. She has worked on a wide variety of commercial matters including representing clients in breach of contract, trade secret; fraudulent misrepresentation and unjust enrichment litigation.
Abby graduated magna cum laude from Georgia State University College of Law. During law school, she was an Executive Articles Editor for the Georgia State University Law Review and participated in the Investor Advocacy Clinic, where she advised clients and handled FINRA arbitration cases under the clinical director’s supervision. She also served as a graduate research assistant for two years, co-teaching Lawyering Foundations, Georgia State University’s first-year, required legal writing course. Abby was inducted into the Order of the Coif upon graduation and received awards for the highest grades in two courses. Before law school, she received a Bachelor of Arts in Theatre, summa cum laude, from Mercer University.
- Managed the toxic tort and environmental multi-state litigation portfolios of two Fortune 500 companies.
- Represented corporate entities in federal court in complex intellectual property matters, involving claims for breach of contract; misappropriation of trade secrets; and fraudulent misrepresentation and unjust enrichment under the DTSA, GTSA, and applicable common law.
- Defended construction companies in multi-party litigation involving tort, indemnity, and breach of contract claims.
- Obtained defense verdict for a commercial real estate company after trial concerning a complex property tax dispute.
- Obtained numerous summary adjudications for insurers and corporations in wrongful death, product liability, and premises liability actions.