- Commercial Litigation
- Class and Collective Action Litigation
- Privacy Litigation and Compliance
- Financial Services Litigation
- Labor and Employment Law
Florida State University College of Law
- J.D. 2011, magna cum laude
- Law Review, Symposium Editor & Associate Editor
- Order of the Coif
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
University of Texas at Austin
- B.S. 2006, magna cum laude
- State Bar of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Georgia, Western District of New York and Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Georgia Supreme Court and Court of Appeals
Jessica D. Gallegos
Jessica Gallegos represents and counsels businesses in a variety of matters, including complex commercial, financial services, and class action litigation, as well as labor and employment disputes. Jessica has represented multiple Fortune 50 companies, banks, national associations, servicers, and insurance companies (among others) in federal and state courts. She also has extensive experience litigating claims under various federal and state consumer protection statutes, including the Truth In Lending Act, the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act. She has also represented companies in disputes related to commercial contracts, consumer contracts, business torts, insurance, employment agreements, and discrimination and wage-hour claims, including under the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Before joining KCO, Jessica spent several years as an associate at an Am Law 100 firm, as a member of its business litigation and consumer finance practice groups. There, Jessica gained experience representing companies in a wide variety of disputes.
Jessica graduated magna cum laude from Florida State University College of Law, where she was a member of the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, inducted as a member of the Order of the Coif, and received the College of Law’s Certificate of Outstanding Pro Bono Service. She also served as Symposium Editor and Associate Editor of the Law Review and as Associate Editor of the Journal of Transnational Law & Policy. Jessica was also named a Richard M. Davis Scholar and a Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar Scholar and received multiple awards for the highest grade in the class. Prior to law school, Jessica graduated magna cum laude from the University of Texas at Austin.
- Obtained dismissal, summary judgment, or favorable settlement on behalf of national lenders and financial service companies in litigation involving alleged violations of various consumer protection statutes, including the Truth In Lending Act, the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act.
- Represented national lenders and financial services companies in appellate matters, obtaining affirmation on appeal at the state and federal level.
- Represented multiple lenders and financial service companies in defending against claims for breach of contract, unjust enrichment, fraud, wrongful foreclosure, quiet title, and violations of various consumer protection statutes involving lender-placed insurance.
- Assisted in defending lender in Fair Debt Collection Practices Act putative class action, obtaining an early and favorable resolution for client on an individual basis.
- Represented insurance company in defending and obtaining favorable settlement in breach of contract claim relating to coverage and policy dispute.
- Represented insurance company in interpleader action relating to coverage and annuity dispute.
- Assisted in defending reinsurance company and various individuals against multimillion dollar claims for breach of contract and fraudulent conveyances.
- Assisted in defending telecommunications company against claims for breach of contract and indemnification asserted by property owner.
- Assisted in defending former officer and employee of telecommunications company against claims for violations of noncompete agreements.
- Assisted in representation of medical supplier in distribution agreement dispute involving claims for declaratory judgment, breach of contract, and Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act violations.
- Assisted in defending internationally-based equipment company against claims for violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Advised employers regarding employment policies and personnel decisions, including employee handbooks, social media policies, and noncompete agreements.
- Note, A New Role for Tortious Interference in the Digital Age: A Model to Enforce End User License Agreements, 38 Fla. St. U. L. Rev. 411, 2011
- Co-Author, Dotting Your I’s – The Increasing Importance of Immigration Issues in Acquisitions, The Deal Pipeline, Aug. 2012
- Top 5 Social Media New Years’ Resolutions for Employers, The eHuman Resource (SHRM, Atlanta, G.A.), January 2014
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Georgia Bar Association