- Commercial Litigation
- Class and Collective Action Litigation
- Privacy Litigation and Compliance
- Financial Services Litigation
- Labor and Employment Law
Florida State University College of Law
- J.D. 2011, magna cum laude
- Law Review, Symposium Editor & Associate Editor
- Order of the Coif
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
University of Texas at Austin
- B.S. 2006, magna cum laude
- State Bar of Georgia
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Georgia, Western District of New York and Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Georgia Supreme Court and Court of Appeals
Jessica D. Gallegos
Jessica Gallegos represents and counsels businesses in a variety of matters, including complex commercial, labor, and employment disputes, privacy litigation, consumer claims, and putative class actions. Jessica has represented multiple Fortune 50 companies, employers, banks, servicers, and insurance companies (among others) in federal and state courts. She has represented companies in disputes related to commercial and consumer contracts, business torts, insurance, employment agreements, and discrimination and wage-hour claims, including under the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and the Americans with Disabilities Act. She also has extensive experience litigating claims under various federal and state consumer protection statutes, including the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act, the Truth In Lending Act, the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act.
Before joining KCO, Jessica spent several years as an associate at an Am Law 100 firm, as a member of its business litigation practice group, gaining experience representing companies in a wide variety of disputes.
Georgia Super Lawyers and Atlanta Magazine has repeatedly recognized Jessica as a “Rising Star.”
Jessica graduated in the top 6% of her class at Florida State University College of Law, where she was a member of the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, inducted as a member of the Order of the Coif, and received the College of Law’s Certificate of Outstanding Pro Bono Service. She also served as Symposium Editor and Associate Editor of the Law Review and as Associate Editor of the Journal of Transnational Law & Policy. Jessica was also named a Richard M. Davis Scholar and a Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar Scholar and received multiple awards for the highest grade in the class. Before law school, Jessica graduated magna cum laude from the University of Texas at Austin. Jessica is committed to community involvement and serves on the Howell Station Neighborhood Association Schools Committee.
- Obtained dismissal, summary judgment, or favorable settlement on behalf of companies across various industries, including real estate management, financial services, food services, and telecommunication, in litigation involving alleged violations of various consumer protection statutes, including the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Truth In Lending Act, the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, and the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act.
- Represented multiple companies in compelling arbitration, including obtaining favorable ruling on issues of first impression and dismissal of putative nationwide class action on behalf of residential property management company.
- Represented companies, including national lenders and financial services companies, in appellate matters, obtaining affirmation on appeal at the state and federal level.
- Represented companies in defending against claims for breach of contract, unjust enrichment, fraud, wrongful foreclosure, quiet title, and violations of various consumer protection statutes
- Represented insurance company in defending and obtaining favorable settlement in breach of contract claim relating to coverage and policy dispute.
- Represented insurance company in interpleader action relating to coverage and annuity dispute.
- Helped defend internationally based equipment company against claims for violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Helped defend national telecommunications company against claims for violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Helped defend lender in Fair Debt Collection Practices Act putative class action, obtaining an early and favorable resolution for client on an individual basis.
- Helped defend reinsurance company and various individuals against multimillion dollar claims for breach of contract and fraudulent conveyances.
- Helped defend telecommunications company against claims for breach of contract and indemnification asserted by property owner.
- Helped defend former officer and employee of telecommunications company against claims for violations of noncompete agreements.
- Helped represent medical supplier in distribution agreement dispute involving claims for declaratory judgment, breach of contract, and Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act violations.
- Advised employers on employment policies and personnel decisions, including employee handbooks, social media policies, and noncompete agreements.
- Advised companies on consumer-facing policies and decisions, including privacy policies, user agreements, and terms and conditions.
- Note, A New Role for Tortious Interference in the Digital Age: A Model to Enforce End User License Agreements, 38 Fla. St. U. L. Rev. 411, 2011
- Co-Author, Dotting Your I’s – The Increasing Importance of Immigration Issues in Acquisitions, The Deal Pipeline, Aug. 2012
- Top 5 Social Media New Years’ Resolutions for Employers, The eHuman Resource (SHRM, Atlanta, G.A.), January 2014
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Georgia Bar Association
- Atlanta Area Representative, Florida State University College of Law Alumni Board
- Repeatedly recognized as a “Rising Star” by Georgia Super Lawyers and Atlanta Magazine