- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Consumer Class Action Defense
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act Litigation and Compliance
University of Michigan School of Law
J.D. 2012, magna cum laude
Michigan Law Review, Editorial Board, Articles Editor
B.A. 2009, Phi Beta Kappa
Double Majors: Chemistry and History
- State Bar of California
U.S. Courts of Appeal for the Ninth and Eleventh Circuits
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Alexander D. Terepka
Alex Terepka is an experienced business litigator who counsels clients on all aspects of litigation, from case assessment through trial and appeals. Alex has briefed dispositive motions filed in state and federal courts, taken and defended numerous depositions, marshalled all aspects of written discovery, and worked extensively with experts. This includes having briefed, argued, and won an opposition to a motion for summary adjudication in a nine-figure trade secret misappropriation matter for a Fortune 300 company.
Alex also has considerable trial experience. As a volunteer prosecutor in the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office, Alex first-chaired three jury trials, all of which resulted in a guilty verdict. He has represented a Fortune 300 company in a civil forfeiture matter that culminated in a two-week bench trial resulting in a complete victory for his client. Alex has experience in appellate matters as well, including briefing multiple appeals in federal circuit courts around the country.
Prior to joining KCO, Alex worked at two nationally recognized law firms and clerked for two federal judges: Judge Richard Clifton of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and Chief Judge George King of the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
Alex attended law school at the University of Michigan , where he served on the Michigan Law Review editorial board as an Articles Editor, graduated magna cum laude, was inducted as a member of the Order of the Coif, and received multiple awards for best performance in the class. Prior to law school, Alex attended Cornell University, where he was inducted as a member of Phi Beta Kappa and completed double majors in chemistry and history.
- Obtained a complete victory at a two-week bench trial for Fortune 300 client in eight-figure civil forfeiture matter.
- Obtained preliminary injunction for Fortune 50 client in eight-figure international employment dispute.
- Successfully opposed a motion for summary adjudication in a nine-figure trade secret misappropriation matter for a Fortune 300 client; case later settled on highly favorable terms.
- Obtained dispositive ruling in favor of a major university client in administrative mandamus case.
- Represented numerous clients in putative class actions in jurisdictions across the country.