Complex Commercial Litigation
Consumer Class Action Defense
TCPA Litigation and Compliance
Florida State University College of Law
- J.D. 2017 summa cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Florida State University Law Review, Articles Editor
- B.A. History, 2012
State Bar of Florida
State Bar of Georgia
U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Florida
U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia
Patrick J. Fitzgerald
Patrick is a member of KCO’s complex commercial litigation and class action defense team where he represents numerous Fortune 500 companies in commercial litigation matters in federal and state court, as well as in arbitration. He also has considerable coverage experience, advising clients about policy exposure and potential liability under consumer protection statutes.
Patrick is experienced in all stages of litigation, from case assessment through trial and appeals. He also has significant experience handling injunctive relief matters, including briefing complex issues on an expedited basis to secure emergency relief for his clients.
Prior to joining KCO, Patrick worked at two nationally recognized law firms and clerked for two federal judges: Judge Dudley H. Bowen of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia and Judge Lisa Ritchey Craig of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
Patrick attended law school at Florida State University, where he graduated first in his class, served on the Florida State University Law Review editorial board as an Articles Editor, and was inducted as a Member of the Order of the Coif. Prior to law school, Patrick graduated from Binghamton University, with a bachelor’s degree in history.
- Obtained injunctive relief for a Fortune 50 company in a trade secret action against a former employee, recovering more than 30,000 pages of data and evidence of a nationwide conspiracy to use that confidential information to purchase dozens of commercial properties.
- Represented an airline contractor in a breach of contract action involving the application of a revenue adjustment provision in the wake of the COVID-19 Pandemic, obtaining a multi-million-dollar award.
- Represented a Fortune 500 insurance company in a successful action to terminate its contract with a claims processor.
- Represented a Fortune 50 company in numerous disputes surrounding its lease agreements, successfully enforcing its right of first refusal.
- Defended a Fortune 50 company in a trespass action, settling the litigation on highly favorable terms.
- Sylvia Carignan, Former Walgreens Executive to Turn Over Allegedly Stolen Data, Bloomberg Law, July 29, 2021
- Smith v. Eagles Landing Family Practice, LLC et. al, 1:21-cv-01426
- Walgreen Co. v. Peters, 1:21-cv-02522 (N.D. Ill. July 28, 2021)
- The Pitfalls of Providing a Fresh Start to the Honest but Unfortunate Student Debtor, Southeastern Bankruptcy Institute: Forty-Fifth Annual Seminar on Bankruptcy Law and Rules (2019)
- Representative for the Georgia Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, 2022-2023