- Employment Law
- Class and Collective Action Litigation
- Complex Commercial and Partnership Disputes and Litigation
- Restrictive Covenant and Intellectual Property Litigation
- Real Estate Development and Construction Disputes
- Entertainment, Media, and Talent-Side Disputes
University of Southern California, School of Law
- J.D. 2017,
- Dean’s Honors
- Southern California Law Review, Senior Editor
University of California, Santa Barbara
- B.A. Environmental Science and Political Science, 2012, cum laude
State Bar of California
- California Superior Courts of Alameda, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Diego Counties
- U.S. District Court for the Middle and Central District of California
- U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Jonathan D. Kintzele
Jonathan Kintzele has over six years of experience representing clients ranging from household name brands to Fortune 500 companies in all stages of litigation. His practice primarily focuses on resolving complex commercial and employment actions, with a focus on restrictive covenant and intellectual property litigation, employment class action defense, real estate development and construction disputes, and entertainment, media, and complex business contract actions. Jonathan has spearheaded the drafting of countless high-stakes motions and briefs, served instrumental roles in obtaining precedent-setting outcomes on behalf of his clients in numerous federal, state, and appellate courts, and served as trial chair in multiple successful jury trials with tens of millions of dollars at stake.
Prior to joining Kabat, Chapman, & Ozmer LLP, Jonathan previously practiced in the Los Angeles offices of two of the ten largest global corporate firms in the world. Jonathan attended USC School of Law, serving as a Senior Editor of the Southern California Law Review.
Jonathan is proud of his Latino heritage, and he devotes time and contributes resources back to the Latino community. His first language was Spanish, and his mother is a first-generation immigrant.
- Trial team chair for successful defense of multinational energy and automation company in a six-week jury trial against $8 million trade secrets misappropriation and breach of contract claims arising out of a dispute with a former global supplier.
- Successfully defended La Croix beverage company in three simultaneous federal class action lawsuits, obtaining a denial of the plaintiffs’ motion for class certification, and successfully defeating the plaintiffs’ appeal in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal.
- Second chair trial counsel defending against multi-million-dollar claim brought by a general contractor for breach of contract case related to the construction of a well-known public bridge in Orange County, California.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice at the pleading stage on behalf of a globally renowned talent agency, facing multi-million-dollar suit alongside a co-defendant celebrity alleging breach of contract and related legal fees and costs.
- Drafted a successful JNOV on behalf of Schneider Electric, overturning $5.5M verdict and entitling Schneider to more than $2M in attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Successfully persuaded Central District Court of California to grant a precedent-setting $6.5M judgment for emotional distress and punitive damages in favor of victim of a malicious revenge porn campaign.
- USC Gould School of Law, Southern California Law Review, Senior Editor and published author.
- Easy Come, Easy Go: A Guide to California Cap-and-Trade Spending, Southern California Law Review, Vol. 90:4.
- Dorothy Atkins, Court Awards $6.45M Judgment In ‘Revenge Porn’ Case, Law360, April 9, 2018