- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Securities Litigation
UCLA School of Law
- J.D. 2010
- A.B. Government and History 2007, cum laude
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeal for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of California, and Southern District of New York
Henry L. Whitehead
Henry is a white collar and civil trial lawyer with a strong track record of success in the courtroom. In his white collar defense practice, Henry has successfully represented athletes, entertainers, entrepreneurs, and companies both large and small in federal and state criminal prosecutions, including defending claims of wire and securities fraud and environmental crimes. As a civil litigator, Henry has represented private individuals and a wide range of companies across numerous industries, from startups to Fortune 500 corporations, in high stakes business disputes. Henry has experience litigating in the state and federal courts in California and New York, as well as private arbitrations and mediations. Regardless of the forum, Henry takes pride in getting to the heart of his clients’ issues and working towards practical solutions to problems that often involve more than just legal considerations.
Henry is a Los Angeles native and, prior to law school at UCLA, attended Dartmouth College, graduating cum laude with a double major in Government and History. A former member of the City of Los Angeles’ Youth Council, Henry cares deeply about expanding opportunities for young Angelenos. He is a board member of the GRYD foundation, which focuses on communities impacted by gang violence and works to create a safer Los Angeles for the city’s youth, including through providing sports, arts, and recreational programming to local youth. When he is not practicing law, Henry and his wife enjoy spending their weekends gardening and treating their dog Pax to hikes in the San Gabriel Mountains.
- Represented large title insurance company in dispute brought by former business partners, including allegations of copyright violations and trade secret theft. Part of trial team for two-week long arbitration, leading to favorable judgment.
- Represented former general counsel of entertainment company in breach of contract and employment dispute, participating in weeklong arbitration.
- Secured civil harassment restraining order for model and actress following bench trial in Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Represented business-owner and inventor in judgment enforcement proceedings relating to a multi-million federal judgment. Successfully opposed efforts by plaintiff to amend the judgment by adding judgment-debtors, including the business-owner in his individual capacity.
- Defended entertainment studio in idea submission and right of publicity lawsuit relating to the hit TV show “Burn Notice.”
- Counsel for Nonprofit Youth Softball League in litigation brought by former umpire alleging defamation and other torts. Filed successful Anti-SLAPP motion and secured complete dismissal of action at pleading stage.
- Part of the trial team representing former NFL and Olympic athlete Willie Gault against SEC civil enforcement action. Secured favorable jury verdict on key fraud claims following a two-week district court trial.
- Represented business owner in partnership dispute, reaching favorable settlement on eve of trial.
- Hem & Thread, Inc. v. Wholesalefashionsquare.com, Inc., No. 2:19-CV-283-CBM-AFMX, 2019 WL 6486039 (C.D. Cal. Aug. 23, 2019)
- Bronx Webster, LLC v. Behavioral Prop. Partners, LLC, No. 218CV01838JVSSKX, 2019 WL 2150403 (C.D. Cal. Apr. 8, 2019)
- Uni-Splendor Corp. v. Remington Designs, LLC, No. CV 16-9316 PA (SSX), 2018 WL 6252444 (C.D. Cal. Oct. 23, 2018)
- Sec. & Exch. Comm’n v. Husain, No. 2:16-CV-03250-ODW(E), 2016 WL 11269462 (C.D. Cal. Oct. 24, 2016)
- Sec. & Exch. Comm’n v. Heart Tronics, Inc., No. SACV111962JVSANX, 2016 WL 9083366 (C.D. Cal. June 3, 2016)
- Atl. Inertial Sys. Inc. v. Condor Pac. Indus. of California, Inc., No. 208CV02947JHNPJWX, 2010 WL 11459795 (C.D. Cal. Dec. 14, 2010)